International Mobility Program (IMP)

International Mobility Program (IMP)

International Mobility Program provides the fastest and easiest way to enter Canada on a work permit. IMP acts as a gateway for entrepreneurs who wish to establish their business in Canada. Your spouse will be issued an open work permit, meaning they can work for any employer, and more importantly, your children can enroll in public schools without any fees. You and your family will be covered by the global medical insurance scheme, which is an important privilege.

The IMP has two main sub-categories, namely Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) and Owner/Operator programs. Both these programs will earn you 50 points after one year of work in Canada, plus another 50 points for your job offer, plus points for your spouse’s work. All these points can play a crucial role in the Express Entry system to secure your Permanent Residence (PR) status.

Intra-company transferees may apply for work permits under the general provision if they:

  • are currently employed by a company and seeking entry to work in a parent, a subsidiary, a branch, or an affiliate of that enterprise;
  • are transferring to an enterprise that has a qualifying relationship with the enterprise in which they are currently employed, and will be undertaking employment at a legitimate and continuing establishment of that company
  • are being transferred to a position in an executive, senior managerial, or specialized knowledge capacity;
  • have been employed continuously (via payroll or by contract directly with the company), by the company that plans to transfer them outside Canada in a similar full-time position (not accumulated part-time) for at least one year in the three-year period immediately preceding the date of initial application.
  • are coming to Canada for a temporary period only;
  • comply with all immigration requirements for temporary entry.

To qualify as an owner/operator, a foreign national must:

  • demonstrate a level of controlling interest in the business, i.e. a sole or majority shareholder;
  • demonstrate that his or her temporary entry to Canada will result in the creation or retention of employment opportunities for Canadians and permanent residents and/or skills transfer to Canadians and/or permanent residents; and
  • not be in a position to be dismissed, i.e. is not in an employment position where her or she is answerable to someone more senior.

We will assist you in the process of incorporation or purchase of your business in Canada and provide you with top-grade legal services. Our services include all aspects of your immigration process from advising what documents to be translated to the incorporation or purchase of your business, preparation of your business plan, and submission of your file with the Immigration, Citizenship, and Refugee Canada (IRCC).